Made in Austria.
birdkids is a viennese CreativeTech company.
We design Human-Machine-Interfaces to enable and inspire people to express their passion & share their vision with the world.
Who are birdkids?
We are Engineers, Designers, Architects, Illustrators, Developers, DJs, VJs and perpetually curious kids who are madly in love with Arts & Technology.
We believe that capturing the creative spark should be an intuitive, accessible and rewarding process — we create the tools for tangible expression in the 21st Century to interact intuitively at any skill level & learn skill-sets hands-on.
birdkids was established in 2012 as an individual enterprise by Producer and Creative Director, Michael Beim in Vienna, Austria.
The company initially launched as a record label with a startup funding by Viennese Cultural Fonds “Departure” recognizing the pioneering spirit of the underlying concept.
In 2015, following a long period of research in the field of hardware-based sound synthesis and analog audio circuitry, we’ve developed a boutique quality, modular synthesizer product line, titled: TheBateleur In 2016 we were quickly spotted and signed-up by the internationally renowned Berlin based distribution: ALEX4 distribution GmbH.
The signature module: Voltage Controlled Oscillator went on to become our most popular product to date. By now the product is in its 2nd generation and enjoying international acclaim due to its incredible sound and aesthetics.,
The Austrian government’s, research promotion Agency FFG recognized birdkids’ efforts in the years 2015 and 2016 as scientific research.
With Synthesizers being an essential part of music production our client list includes some of the biggest Names in Electronic Music, Film and TV.
In 2018, we’ve reached out to the community to kickstart our most ambitious design yet — RAVEN a 100% Analog, modular synthesizer voice, hand-manufactured in Vienna. The campaign resulted in a 108% goal-reach, backers across all five Continents and a 65% growth in US/UK market engagement as well as significant brand awareness increase through extensive media coverage.
Above all, we’ve proven that the brand’s core-values and corporate haptics resonate emotionally on a scale beyond a niché segment.
Our focus in the upcoming years is on enabling and inspiring people to express their passion & share their vision with the world.
Our goal is to provide the instruments and foster a positive environment for people to interact intuitively at any skill level & learn skill-sets hands-on for more tangible expression in the 21st Century for a more life-enriching experience.
- 10/12 – Company launch by Producer/Creative Director, Michael Beim.
- 12/12 – Pioneer funding by departure, Vienna.
- 01/13 – First birdkids records label releases.
- 02/13 – Distribution Network via ORDIS/N.E.W.S./Hoanzl.
- 10/14 – First physical prototype – birdkids birdnest MIDI/CV converter.
- 11/14 – Research Voltage Controlled Oscillator.
- 09/15 – Production & shipping TheBateleur VCO MKI.
- 01/16 – Development TheBateleur 42hp System & birdnest.
- 11/16 – Production & shipping TheBateleur 42hp System.
- 03/17 – Research CROW / birdnest.
- 08/17 – Research Polyphonic and wide-range VCO.
- 02/18 – Research and development RAVEN.
- 04/18 – CROW / birdnest presentation.
- 12/18 – RAVEN Kickstarter successfully funded.
- 12/19 – RAVEN completely fulfilled.
- 01/20 – Introduction of °Grid.