RAVEN combines the simplicity of a performance-friendly, semi-modular synthesizer voice with fully-modular, infinitely flexible, workflow possibilities by assigning Control Voltage I/O’s at (almost) every point in the signal workflow.
- 1V/oct (Pitch tracking) relative and absolute options for both oscillators and VCF.
- FM (Linear Frequency Modulation) per VCO.
- PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) per VCO.
- SYNC per VCO.
- Crossfader between VCO’s.
- External Audio Signal Input.
- VCF Cutoff.
- VCF CV Input.
- VCF Resonance.
- VCA CV Input.
- Individual Waveform outs for each VCO (Saw, Triangle, Pulse / Square).
- Noise Output.
- Filter Output.
- Clean Out (Linear THAT 2162 BlackmerⓇ VCA).
- Opto Out (Optocoupler VCA).
- Waveform selection toggle per VCO.
- PW position for VCO II.
- PWM amount either individually for VCO I or normalized for both.
- FM amount either individually for VCO I or normalized for both.
- Coarse Tune for VCO I (relative or absolute via jumper).
- Fine Tune for VCO II (relative).
- Crossfader position VCOs I/II.
- External Audio Signal Input Amount.
- VCA CV Amount / Initial VCA Gain.
- VCF Cutoff position.
- VCF Mode switch*
- VCF CV Amount.
- VCF Resonance position / CV Amount.
* VCF Modes
subtractive = VCO (I+II Sum) > VCF > VCA.
bypass = VCO (I+II Sum) > VCA, VCF standalone.
bypass & tracking = VCO (I+II Sum) > VCA, VCF Standalone and tracking 1V/Oct.
Stay updated on Kickstarter campaign / availability.
We have one of the most supportive distribution partners in the business with ALEX4 Distribution GmbH in Berlin. So why would we deliberately take the risk of pre-financing the entire development and pre-production instead of opting for a safer, slower route? The answer is: mutual benefit. A great partner understands that in the long run, we will all benefit from scaling up the manufacturing-standard goals as well as widening the awareness and reach to make great musical instruments more accessible, more affordable and more human.
- Highest possible build, manufacturing and packaging quality through scaling up the production quantities and conversely reduction of cost-per-unit.
- Widening awareness for the brand values we care deeply about such as disabilities, marginalization, accessibility and social impact of musical education by cooperation with NGOs and institutions as well as making accessible educational material for wide public use and workshop implementation.
- Reduction of the initial cost threshold for early adopters by initially skipping distribution and retail chains – meaning: best price and best quality for everybody by scaling up the production quantities through sufficient backing goals.
- 02/18 – The Idea of RAVEN is born.
- 05/18 – Proof of Concept.
- 07/18 – Design Prototype.
- 08/18 – Negotiations with production facilities and supply chain partners as well as distribution channels.
- 10/18 – Production Prototype.
- 11/18 – Crowdfunding Campaign.
- 12/18 – Ordering production material.
- 01/19 – Production Begin.
- 03/19 – Estimated Shipping, 1st batch “Early Adopters”.
- 06-07/19 – Estimated Shipping, 2nd batch “Early Birds”.
- 10/19 – Estimated Shipping, 3rd batch “Smart Saver”.